Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Passion can create drama out of inert stone.

--LE CORBUSIER, 1931

What human beings need is ... a real
city which they can build, a place which satisfies the dreamer and is
acceptable to the scientist, a place where the projections of the artist and
the builder merge.

--CONSTANTINOS A. DOXIADIS

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change. Creativity keeps the creator alive.

--FRANK HERBERT

If I compare the way in which a graphic sheet from my technique period came into being with that of a print expressing a particular train of thought, then I realize that they are almost poles apart. What often happened in the past was that I would pick out from a pile of sketches one which it seemed to me might be suitable for reproduction by means of some technique that was interesting me at that moment in time. But now it is from amongst those techniques, which I have to some degree mastered, that I choose the one which lends itself more than any other, to the expression of the particular idea that has taken hold of my mind.

--M.C. ESCHER

"[placeholder space]"

--SOR JUANA INES de la CRUZ

The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious.

--OSWALD SPENGLER

No comments: